Sunday, June 30, 2013

Galatians 6:1-18

What is the theme of this chapter?

Justification by faith applied continued.

What is the key verse(s) of this chapter? Verses 2 and 5

Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.

For each will have to bear his own load.

What can I apply to my life from this chapter (things to do/avoid)?

Verses two and five are not contradictory, but complimentary.  I must tell myself to courageously bear my own burden, and yet sympathetically help bear the burdens of others also.  Paul always puts emphasis on Christian brotherhood, on members of the Body of Christ being one in Christ.  None of us live as isolated units.  We are bound together in Christ and have certain obligations to each other.

I must remember too that I will reap what I sow.  If I sow to my old nature, I will reap corruption; if I sow to the Spirit, I will reap the blessings of the eternal life which God has given me. Though I may receive some of these in this life, the full harvest will be the rewards I receive when Christ returns.
 

Additional observations/questions:


 

No comments:

Post a Comment