Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Galatians 1:1-24

What is the theme of this chapter?

Paul's authority and gospel defended.

What is the key verse(s) of this chapter? Verses 15-17

But when he who had set me apart before I was born, and who called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son to me, in order that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately consult with anyone; nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me, but I went away into Arabia, and returned again to Damascus.

What can I apply to my life from this chapter (things to do/avoid)?

Paul says, in verse 6, that he is amazed the Galatians have so quickly deserted "him who called you by the grace of Christ, for a different gospel."  I can apply this to my life by being on my guard against doing the same thing.  I can stand firm no matter how many times I hear I must do good works to prove I'm a Christian and to assure my entrance into heaven.  It's never about what I do; rather, it's always about what Christ has done.

Additional observations/questions:

No comments:

Post a Comment