Saturday, April 6, 2013

Acts 25:1-27

What is the theme of this chapter?

Paul's defense before Festus.

What is the key verse(s) of this chapter? Verse 11

If then I am a wrongdoer and have committed anything for which I deserve to die, I do not seek to escape death. But if there is nothing to their charges against me, no one can give me up to them. I appeal to Caesar.

What can I apply to my life from this chapter (things to do/avoid)?



Additional observations/questions:

It seems to me that Acts 25:8 rather endorses once again (see also Acts 23:11 and Acts 24:18) what Paul did in Jerusalem (Acts 21:17-26), and perhaps even that he was there in the first place.

Paul argued in his defense, “Neither against the law of the Jews, nor against the temple, nor against Caesar have I committed any offense" (Acts 25:8).

Paul stated this matter-of-factly, like keeping the law and showing reverence for the temple was what he was supposed to do since he was a Jew and it was still during "the transitional period."

*See also: Acts 18:18; 20:16; 21:17-26; 24:18.

No comments:

Post a Comment